EB-5 visa for Immigrant Investors.
The EB-5 Investor Visa program presents outstanding opportunities for many overseas investors to become permanent residents of the United States. Choosing to invest in an EB-5 Visas program allows foreign investors, their spouse and children (under the age of 21) to obtain conditional green cards so that they can attend school, legally work in the United States if they so choose or simply enjoy retirement while living anywhere in the United States.
Three basic steps for each applicant under the program for the US immigrant investor:
- A potential investor is required to file a petition with the US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Upon approval of this application, the investor and immediate family (which includes spouse and single children under 21 years of age) may apply for an Immigrant Visa at the US Consulate or if the investor is already located in the United States, apply for an Adjustment of Status at any regional USCIS office.
- The initial resident status that is granted is “conditional” for a period of two years. Prior to the termination of this two-year preliminary period, the Conditional Permanent Resident must file an additional application with the USCIS to request removal of the conditions (referred to as the filing of the form 829).
If the investor has demonstrated that they invested and/or was actively in the process of investing the required capital, the investor maintained the investment throughout the two-year conditional period and the required jobs were created, then the application should be approved.
List of Required Documents for an EB-5 Visa:
- Certificates of birth, marriage (or divorce);
- Police certificate (Russian Federation);
- Employment and business documents;
- Tax returns (personal and corporate);
- Real estate (documentation for apartments in the Russian Federation and the United States);
- Financial statements (United States and the Russian Federation).
Advantages of the Regional Center (PIDC)
Potential investors, who wants to obtain a EB-5 visa, due to applying through the regional centers, such as the Regional Centre. Regional Center brings together several investors in one project, which means that the project itself is larger and financially more stable than when someone invests alone.
The EB-5 visa is not limited by age, business and management skills, to any other experience or language level.
If you still have a questions, you can contact us by phone as well as write on e-mail and to appoint a consultation online or at our office.